Saturday, September 3, 2011

6 am Traffic

In a haze of red and green lights, past the swift blur of onward motion, I settle on the the occassional yellow, soft white gleams and inhale the icy breath of dawn. Cool, clear, crisp invading my interior, slipping down my throat, my lungs. Sun rays reflecting off the moons surface dancing on my window sill. Outside the world purrs, nebulous and gentle. I focus on the melody; the beat, the vocals. I drift directly into the resonance, fearless and detached. The insatiable pull of song wins.

Where is rational thinking? Sheer reality? Nonexistent.

The morning star beams and I’m slipping through nitrogen and sunshine, floating freely. Cool, clear, blue. Pinch back any ounce of frustration. Get over the roar, the vibration, the pointless chatter. I try to focus. Push aside all malicious manifestations; uninvited, and undesired in my morning lullaby. My heart keeps pace with the drums. Deep breaths come and go and ah, there it is. I’m focused. The disarray put to bed. Skin tucked in, eyes filled with sapphire blue, I focus on the only meaningful sound. The only thing that makes sense.